Explosion lawyer Elliot Olsen has regained millions for clients. If you know the families affected by this Bigfork home explosion, you should let them know they can contact Elliot at (612) 337-6126 for a free consultation. He understands the pain and suffering experienced by survivors of such a tragic event, and he can help them make their way on the road to recovery.

A Minnesota father and daughter were killed early Thursday morning in a Bigfork home explosion.

Roy Earl Halverson, 92, of Bigfork, and Christie Lee Kurtz, 62, of Milaca, were pronounced dead at the scene after Halverson’s home exploded shortly before 7:30 a.m.

Bigfork home explosion:
Debris everywhere

Authorities responded to a call of a structure fire with a possible explosion at a home on Turtle Lake, according to the Itasca County Sheriff’s Office. When first-responders arrived, the home was fully engulfed in flames, power lines were down, and debris was strewn across the property.

First-responders weren’t able to get close to the burning home until the Bigfork Fire Department arrived on scene and got the flames under control.

Bigfork home explosion:
Investigation ongoing

The Itasca County Sheriff’s Office said the cause of the explosion is unknown, and that an investigation will be conducted.

Officials said autopsies would be performed.

Bigfork home explosion kills Minnesota father, daughter

Bigfork home explosion: Minnesotans Roy Earl Halverson, 92, of Bigfork, and his daughter Christie Lee Kurtz, 62, of Milaca, died after his home exploded early Thursday morning.

Houston manufacturing plant explosion kills at least two

An explosion at a Houston manufacturing plant early Friday morning killed at least two people, shook the region and destroyed numerous homes. According to the Houston Chronicle newspaper, police identified the two victims as Frank Flores and Geraldo Carasquillo.

The blast occurred at about 4:15 a.m. at Watson Grinding and Manufacturing in northwest Houston, fire and police officials said. It is unclear how many employees were in the plant at the time of the explosion, but at least one person is unaccounted for, the Chronicle reported.

Officials said two employees were seen running from the plant. The workers said they smelled gas just before the explosion.

At least one homeowner was hospitalized, and the Houston Fire Department also tweeted that 18 people showed up at area emergency rooms with breathing problems and minor injuries. At least 48 people checked into a shelter set up nearby, fire department officials said.

Houston manufacturing plant explosion:
Damage is widespread

Some homes in the nearby neighborhood were destroyed, and dozens more were damaged, according to a report by KTRK-TV. Firefighters were going from house to house to check on residents.

At least 200 structures suffered some type of damage, Houston police chief Art Acevedo said, and some homes were blown off their foundations.

Resident Mark Brady told KPRC-TV: “(The explosion) knocked us all out of our bed, it was so strong. It busted out every window in our house. It busted everybody’s garage door in around here … and closer toward the explosion over here, it busted people’s roofs in and walls in … it’s a war zone over here.”

KHOU-TV reported that Acevedo said the debris field extends a half-mile from the plant.

Houston manufacturing plant explosion:
Propylene tank exploded

The explosion originated in a 2,000-gallon tank filled with propylene, a flammable gas.

According to a report by the Chronicle, however, only liquid oxygen was listed among the company’s most recent chemical inventory report, which was last filed in 2015. The newspaper also reported that the Environmental Protection Agency requires only the disclosure of certain chemicals if they are stored in amounts greater than a specific threshold.

Houston manufacturing plant explosion:
Two schools cancelled classes

At least two schools near the manufacturing plant cancelled classes for Friday, the Chronicle reported. Other schools conducted classes as usual but keep students indoors all day.

By mid-morning, the fire was contained and firefighters were allowing it to burn itself out, KPRC reported.

Multiple agencies are investigating the cause of the blast, including the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.

Free consultation
with explosion lawyer

Elliot Olsen has decades of experience as an explosion lawyer. If you would like to consult an explosion lawyer, you can do so by filling out the following form and submitting it: