Elliot Olsen is a nationally respected explosion lawyer who has regained millions for his clients. If you or a family member were injured in this Billings gas explosion, you should call Elliot at (612) 337-6126 for a free consultation. He understands the pain and suffering experienced after such a tragic event, and he can help survivors on the road to recovery.

Two people were hospitalized Friday night after a gas explosion at an apartment complex on the south side of Billings, Montana.

A spokesperson for the Billings Police Department said first-responders were notified at 9:41 p.m. of the explosion at the Battleship Apartments on the corner of Third Avenue South and South 32nd Street.

One man and one woman were taken to the hospital with burn injuries. Neighbors said they lived in an apartment together with an apartment with a toddler, who also was taken to the hospital. The toddler did not appear to be injured, according to a neighbor.

Billings explosion:
Residents evacuated

All residents of the fourplex were evacuated. The Red Cross has been called to help with displaced residents.

Billings police, firefighters, an AMR ambulance, and Montana-Dakota Utilities workers all responded. The power and gas lines were shut off about 30 minutes after the explosion.

Michael Roberson, a neighbor, told a Q2-TV reporter that the explosion happened on a gas stove, although police have not confirmed this information.

Taylor Road pipeline explosion:
Three people hospitalized

Three people were injured in a pipeline explosion on Taylor Road south of Marshall, Texas, the Marshall Fire Department said.

Fire Chief Reggie Cooper said Marshall EMS and rescue units were sent at 5:27 p.m. Thursday to a gas well site.

One person was taken by a private vehicle to a hospital, Cooper said. He said the other two victims, who sustained serious injuries, were taken to Christus Good Shepherd Medical Center-Marshall — one by helicopter, the other by ambulance.

South Philly explosion kills 2; second body recovered two days later

A massive South Philadelphia explosion Thursday resulted in the death of two people. The body of the second victim was pulled from the rubble on Saturday.

South Philadelphia explosion:
Two bodies recovered

Two bodies were recovered after a “violent” gas explosion and subsequent three-alarm fire that rocked a number of homes in the South Philadelphia neighborhood on Thursday.

Emergency responders recovered one body on Friday, then said they would need to demolish a nearby home to reach the second victim, whose remains were found Saturday.

Although rescuers continued to comb through the rubble, no more victims were found.

South Philadelphia explosion:
Conditions hampered recovery

Officials said an “undermined” street had prevented first-responders from digging out the bodies. Philadelphia Fire Commissioner Adam Thiel said two attempts were made to rescue one of the trapped victims, but the fire was too intense and collapsing buildings prevented further rescue attempts.

The explosion leveled three houses and significantly damaged two others a little after 11:30 a.m. at South 8th and South Franklin streets. Nearly 120 firefighters battled the raging fires for hours, and 60 people on the block had to be evacuated.

“We believe now that we have pretty good confidence that there are two people who are missing and presumably deceased,” Thiel said.

South Philadelphia explosion:
‘Pockets of fire’ still hours later

Rescuers still were putting out “pockets of fire” in the burning homes, which were under control just before 3 p.m. Thursday, FOX 29 reported. Theil said the charred buildings were too structurally unstable “to put anyone else in there” as day turned to night.

The explosion, described as “a firestorm,” sent plumes of smoke that could be seen for miles, as wind gusts reached 20 miles an hour.

“It sounded like a bomb exploded,” one witness told WPVI-TV.

South Philadelphia explosion:
Investigation underway

A reception center at South Philadelphia High School was available for anyone affected by the fire. The Red Cross was on the scene to provide any necessary aid.

The cause of the massive explosion is being investigated by local, state and federal authorities, but a source told a WPVI-TV reporter that officials are looking into an October water main break for any connection. Officials would neither confirm nor deny that work was being done along the street.

South Philadelphia explosion:
Identities still not released

Although the identities of the two victims had not been released as of noon Monday local time, City Council member Mark Squilla said of the victim pulled from the debris Saturday, “From talking to one of the family members here, it was an older gentleman who was living in the building there. He was a handicapped individual who lived up on the third floor, so there was no way for him to exit the building or get out.”

Meanwhile, Academy at Palumbo High School principal Kiana Thompson told WPVI-TV that one of her students lived at the house that exploded. Thompson said that the student’s brother was killed and his body was pulled from the rubble Friday night.

Parma Heights explosion:
Body of man found in rubble

Police in Parma Heights, Ohio, confirmed to Cleveland’s FOX 8 News that a body was found after a home explosion.

A spokesperson for the Parma Fire Department said rescuers were looking for an elderly man who might have been home alone when the house exploded at about 1 p.m. Saturday afternoon.

Multiple fire departments responded to the 6300 block of Mallo Place, and the gas was shut off in the neighborhood soon after the explosion. Some residents of nearby homes had to be evacuated.

Free consultation
with explosion lawyer

Elliot Olsen has decades of experience as an explosion lawyer. You can contact him for a free consultation by filling out the following form and submitting it: