Injured in an explosion?
Call (612) 337-6126

Elliot Olsen is a nationally prominent explosion lawyer who has regained millions of dollars for clients. If you or a family member were injured in the explosion at a house under construction near Calhan, Colorado, please call (612) 337-6126 for a free consultation.

Explosions and fires make headlines around the United States daily. Set a Google alert for “house explosion” or “apartment fire,” and your inbox will be overrun with updates.

Here is a sampling of recent headlines regarding explosions and fires:

House under construction explodes near Calhan; 2 injured

From Fox21 News, Colorado Springs, Colorado: Two construction workers were injured Thursday morning in an explosion at a house under construction near Calhan in eastern El Paso County, Colorado.

Sheriff’s deputies said the Calhan house explosion occurred at about 9:15 a.m. at a house under construction on Highway 24 between Peyton and Calhan, a town of about 800 35 miles northeast of Colorado Springs.

Deputies said when drywall construction workers opened the garage door to set up equipment, there was an explosion that engulfed the house in flames.

Firefighters were able to extinguish the fire before it threatened any other buildings.

Two construction workers were hospitalized with unspecified injuries.

Deputies said it appears a propane gas leak may have ignited an unknown spark, causing the explosion. They said they don’t suspect arson or foul play.

House under construction explodes near Calhan, Colorado; 2 injured

Two construction workers were injured Thursday morning in an explosion at a house under construction near Calhan in eastern El Paso County, Colorado. (Photo: KKTV11 News, Colorado Springs)

Woman dies in Bloomfield apartment fire

From the News & Citizen, Morrisville, Vermont: A 68-year-old woman died Thursday morning in a fire at an apartment complex in Bloomfield, Connecticut.

Police and firefighters responded to the Interfaith Homes complex at 7 Mountain Road just after midnight. They found heavy flames coming from apartment 29 in building 7 of the complex, according to fire officials.

The fire was too much for police officers to get inside, but after dousing the flames from outside the building, firefighters were able to go in and found a woman dead inside, fire officials said.

Authorities identified the victim as Deborah Lue.

The fire affected 10 units in the complex, and several other residents have been displaced, fire officials said. The Red Cross is helping those residents.

Woman burned in Worcester house explosion

From the News & Citizen, Morrisville, Vermont: A woman suffered second-degree burns in an explosion and fire March 3 that destroyed a house at 222 Eagle Ledge Road in Worcester, Massachusetts.

Miranda Bador, 30, and David Garneau, 39, lived in the house, which was owned by Walter Bador, 72, of Worcester.

Worcester firefighters were called to the house at 10:40 a.m. Sunday. They found a small wood-frame house with three sides blown completely away. The metal roof was lying on top of where the house once stood, and debris from inside the house had been blown several feet away, investigators said.

Miranda Bador and Garneau were inside the home when it exploded; both managed to crawl out of the collapsed house, but Bador was severely burned.

A neighbor across the street heard the explosion, saw the roof collapse on the house, and saw the fire break out; he called 911.

Garneau drove Bador to meet the Worcester ambulance because of her severe burns. Garneau and Bador were both taken to Central Vermont Hospital in Berlin, and Bador was then taken to UVM Medical Center for burn treatment. Garneau was treated and released.

State fire investigators believe a gas leak from one of the propane-fed appliances within the home caused the explosion. Propane is heavier than air and settles at the lowest level in a building until a spark, pilot light or something similar causes the gas to ignite.

The explosion and fire are not considered suspicious or intentional. Because destruction was so complete, the cause can never be pinpointed, investigators said.

The house and all of the contents are considered a complete and total loss. Anyone with further information about the explosion and fire is asked to contact Det. Sgt. Todd Ambroz at 802-229-9191.

Free consultation

Elliot Olsen has decades of experience representing people harmed in fires and explosions. You can contact him for a free consultation by filling out the following form and submitting it: