Injured in a fire
or explosion?
Call (612) 337-6126

Elliot Olsen has regained millions of dollars for people harmed in fires and explosions. If you or a family member were injured in a fire or explosion, please call (612) 337-6126 for a free consultation, or complete the following:

    Fires and explosions make headlines around the United States daily. Set a Google alert for the terms “apartment fire” or “pipeline explosion,” and your inbox will be inundated with updates.

    Here is a sample of just a few news items from around the country recently:

    GoFundMe page set for two hurt in Mulvane explosion

    From KWCH12 in Kansas, July 12: A GoFundMe page to help cover medical expenses for two men injured in a propane gas explosion July 9 south of Mulvane, KS, identify the men as “father and son-in-law team” Rick McPhail and Robert Anglin.

    The page says the men were working on a home in the 1200 block of N. Geuda Springs Road, south of Mulvane in Sumner County, when the explosion happened. Fire officials say a worker turned on a breaker in the basement, causing a spark to ignite propane that had built up in the basement.

    The GoFundMe page says McPhail was thrown from the home’s second floor, landing in the rubble and breaking a leg and both feet. The page says he managed to pull himself to safety.

    “(Anglin), who had been in the basement, was fully engulfed in flames,” the page says. “He managed to pull himself out of the active fire before he collapsed next to Rick on the ground.”

    The page says McPhail will recover after operations to his leg and feet. It also says Anglin is in critical condition, comatose with second and third-degree burns to more than 80 percent of his body.

    “Both men will need significant help with medical expenses and loss of livelihood, the GoFundMe page says.

    Mulvane explosion injures two men; GoFundMe page established

    A GoFundMe page to help cover medical costs for two Kansas men injured July 9 in a Mulvane explosion identifies them as Rick McPhail and Robert Anglin.

    Firefighter killed in Sun Prairie explosion

    From the Wisconsin State Journal, July 12: Residents were recovering and workers were cleaning up after a gas leak led to a massive explosion that killed a firefighter and destroyed or damaged several buildings in downtown Sun Prairie on July 10.

    The blast killed Cory Barr, a captain in the Sun Prairie Volunteer Fire Department who owned, along with his wife, Abby, one of the buildings that was destroyed: the Barr House restaurant and bar at 100 W. Main St.

    Another firefighter was initially hospitalized in critical condition after the blast occurred around 7:15 p.m., about 40 minutes after a contractor breached a gas main. That firefighter’s condition had improved by the next day.

    “He was up walking around talking today, but he’s got a long road to recovery,” Sun Prairie Fire Chief Chris Garrison said at a news conference.

    Four more firefighters, a police officer, and five civilians were injured and taken to hospitals, but all had been released.

    Man injured in Michigan bible camp explosion

    From in western Michigan, July 8: A facilities manager at a West Michigan bible camp was airlifted after a propane tank explosion in Jones, according to the Cass County Sheriff’s Office.

    Deputies responded to the Bair Lake Bible Camp around 9:20 a.m. after reports of an explosion. Upon their arrival, police found David Stiles, 44, of Jones, was performing maintenance on a cabin when the propane tank exploded.

    Stiles was airlifted to South Bend Memorial Hospital by MedFlight. The most recent report lists him in critical condition.